Wednesday, January 26, 2011

lovebird t's

So I should be packing up since we are moving this weekend, but.... I found myself doing a fun project instead! Sorry Ad.. :)

I did have the best helper this morning!
My SIL Amy found this site on Etsy called Print Your Own Tee, we both wanted to try it but thought it may be to good to be true. After checking out her feedback and seeing how many sales she had made I decided to give it a try and I'm so glad I did!

I wanted to get my lil' loves t-shirts for Valentines Day but didn't feel like paying $40 plus for them. So instead I talked with this seller and she came up with these designs for me.
I thought they were adorable so I purchased them for $2.50 a piece! She then emailed me the images and I hopped in my car to head to Target and Hobby Lobby to get shirts, transfer paper, and rag rose trim to jazz up the girls shirts. I also made one for my niece Mary Caroline, Sara had the idea to add the trim, cute cute!
Once I had my supplies I went up to my own inkjet printer and printed the images onto the transfer paper. The paper comes with step by step instructions on how you print/transfer. There are 2 kinds of transfer paper you can use - either transfer to dark or transfer to light. I went with the paper to transfer to dark since G's shirt was going to be blue - I decided that a little white margin would blend okay for the girls white shirts. Since it was a trial run I didn't want to purchase 2 kinds of paper to avoid investing to much $$.
Then I cut out my images
and followed the instructions on how to iron onto the shirts. The first one I did I didn't realize that you needed to peel off the backing of the paper! Oops... so don't forget that step!
look how stinkin' cute they are!!!
I haven't added the trim yet, I need to find a sewing kit - hopefully it's not packed! But I wanted to put it where it would go so you can have an idea of what they will look like.
I think they turned out super cute! I'm hoping that they will hold up in the wash, I'll let you know. So far, this looks like a great Etsy find! I'm thinking the possibilities are endless... baby/birthday gifts, holiday t's, family shirts for another Disney trip (hint, hint Nana and Poppy - ha!) - so much fun! Let me know if you decide to take the plunge and print you own t's!

1 comment:

  1. so stinkin cute! You guys need to come to my valentine mini session for pics!

    ReplyDelete