Monday, January 24, 2011

sitting up

I had to post Grady's newest trick... sitting up! Yesterday, we were sitting down chatting and he was sitting on my lap watching Molly play with her toys. I noticed that I wasn't really supporting him. He will usually lean back on me or sway side to side, but he was just sitting there. I turned to Adrian and we both said - "I wonder if he can sit up?!" So I put him down on the ground and he just sat there looking at us like, "what's the big deal guys?" I was so proud of him and then I started to cry! They were happy tears that by baby boy is developing at an awesome pace, but also sad tears that time is flying by. I try hard everyday to live in the moment and to take it all in because time passes by in a flash. On a side note, please excuse his outfit! This was our 3rd outfit of the day. Apparently, Grady loves wardrobe changes so he will blow out diapers, drool like crazy, or spit up :). His laundry basket is constantly overflowing. I think that outfit should go into the "too small" box!

1 comment:

  1. milestones are so bittersweet! i can't believe he's sitting up already!!!! that only means one thing for me... what is that saying "the days are long but the years are fast"? something like that anyway. it's SOOOO TRUE! way to go, mr. grady, but please stop growing so fast!

    ReplyDelete