Adrian and I started a little thing called "the marble jar" with Molly this past month. Since we hit 3 years old she has been testing the limits... I'm sure many of you moms and dads out there know just what I'm talking about! She is by no means out of control, she just needed a little motivation to make better choices. So we brought in "the jar." When Molly show kindness to others, uses her inside voice, is helpful, doesn't argue, etc... she gets a marble! But if we make a sad choice... she loses a marble :(. When her jar is full she will get to trade it in for a prize. We have walked the toy aisles and she has her eye on a Rapunzel doll! This has really helped our attitude around the house. She is super helpful, happy, and tries hard to get her marbles. We still have days that aren't perfect, but she's 3 and thats how it goes. Stay tuned... I will hopefully get to post what she chose for her prize soon!
Sunday, January 23, 2011
marble jar
Adrian and I started a little thing called "the marble jar" with Molly this past month. Since we hit 3 years old she has been testing the limits... I'm sure many of you moms and dads out there know just what I'm talking about! She is by no means out of control, she just needed a little motivation to make better choices. So we brought in "the jar." When Molly show kindness to others, uses her inside voice, is helpful, doesn't argue, etc... she gets a marble! But if we make a sad choice... she loses a marble :(. When her jar is full she will get to trade it in for a prize. We have walked the toy aisles and she has her eye on a Rapunzel doll! This has really helped our attitude around the house. She is super helpful, happy, and tries hard to get her marbles. We still have days that aren't perfect, but she's 3 and thats how it goes. Stay tuned... I will hopefully get to post what she chose for her prize soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great idea! Chalin hasn't hit 3, yet, but it is quickly approaching, and I see a marble jar in our future...
ReplyDeletewe totally need something like this! we have a "if you take a nap, you'll get a treat" thing going on but i think we need something bigger and better! great idea, mom!!
ReplyDelete