Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Papa

On April 29, 2010 my sweet and loving Papa Lacquement passed away. I grew up in the small town of Wewoka with my Papa living a mere 5 minutes away. He was a major part of my childhood and I have so many wonderful memories. It was a very difficult goodbye, we all selfishly wanted him to stay longer, but he is now is a much happier place and I look forward to seeing him again one day.

Here is one of my favorite pictures of the two of us. Adrian and I were married at the Hotel Del Coronado and Papa made the trip out for our celebration. We had a wonderful time! This ended up being his last big trip. I'm so grateful he was there.
Here is Papa with all of his great-grand children, minus baby Sam! When Baby Beverage joins us in August Papa would have 9 great-grand babies, what a blessing!
This is Papa with his family on his 90th birthday - August 1, 2009

I miss the sparkle in his eyes, his spunky sense of humor, hearing him jingle change in his pockets, and seeing him speed off in his white "caddy" with his hat set off to the side of his head. I miss going out to the farm to count cattle and to feed the catfish, I miss family dinners out at the club, I miss seeing him sitting in his pew at church and listening to him sing his heart out to the hymns (off key I might add!), I miss hearing him snore in the recliner after one of my mom's home cooked meals, I miss his handwriting, his voice, his smell, and his hugs and kisses. I'm just sad to let him go. I hold every memory that we have made close to my heart and I always will. I love you Papa.




No comments:

Post a Comment