Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Let's go to the "City of Lights!"

About 3 weeks ago we boarded an airplane and headed to VEGAS!  Adrian went for business and the kids and I got to tag along for some FUN!  We were in Las Vegas a year ago for the same conference so Molly was excited to go back and see the "City of Lights!"  We landed pretty early on Saturday morning, so we had the entire afternoon to explore and sightsee.  We were so busy that I failed at taking pictures.  Whoops!  I did remember to take my camera with us to dinner that night though.

Grady with Nana and Poppy!  "Everyone looks so FANCY!" {says Molly... :)}
"CHEEEEEEEEESE!"
I was SUPER nervous before heading down for our fancy dinner because the kids had been up since 6:30am {which was 4:30am in Vegas}, caught the 8:30 flight, landed and then walked around the entire day.  We got back to the hotel and had 7pm dinner reservations {which was 9pm at home - A.KA. waaaay past bedtime!}.  The angels were watching over us and we actually had a fantastic dinner with Daisy, Papa, Nana, Poppy, and another couple in banking.  We ate at a restaurant in the Bellagio called Jasmine and it was delicious!!  The restaurant overlooks the famous Bellagio water fountains, which Molly and Grady LOVED!
pretty girl!
By the time 10 pm rolled around not even the sounds of the casino could wake these two!!!
Think they were tired??  :)
After a good nights rest M & G were ready to hit the town!  This was Sunday and Adrian didn't have a work commitment until that evening so we got to spend the day together as a family!  

Our future's so BRIGHT that we have to wear SHADES.
Watching daddy play the slots -- before we were told to "keep movin' folks."
We headed down to the Bellagio Garden to see the flowers.  It's so beautiful in there and smells wonderful, especially when you just walked through a smokey casino - blah!

Since we had been here just last year I tried to get some pictures in repeat places for comparisons sake.  I love seeing the difference, but it also makes me a little sad!  I cannot get over the amount of change that one year can make!!!!!
             M & G {april 2012}                M & G {april 2011}
                     {2012}                                {2011}

Picture time with daddy!
"Look over there dad!!"
Here's M on the entry to Treasure Island - she loved the big ship out front!
G crashed and caught a little afternoon snooze.
After a fun afternoon, Nana and Poppy took the kids for the evening so that Adrian and I could have a little date night!  We had a blast!  No pictures though - ha!!  I sent my camera with my parents in case they had any fun picture opportunities and these were on my camera the next morning.  Hmmmm... not sure the kids practiced their table manners.  Anything goes with Nana and Poppy and that's the way it's supposed to be!  They took the kids to a pet show and then had pancakes for dinner.  According to Molly the pet show was "oh so much FUN!"


The next morning, Adrian and Poppy left early to go to meetings and play some golf.  The kids and I spent the day with Nana and did a little shopping!  Here are the kids checking out the pool area before we headed out.
Molly's face cracks me up in this picture.  She was trying so hard to pose like Cinderella.   I think she must have been focusing on her feet and hands!
We had a few more minutes before Nana was ready so we stopped back by the gardens to take a few more pictures.
"ugh, I guess we gotta take some more pics...." 
sweet babes.
Our handsome boy {with strawberry stains all over his clean shirt... oh the life with a BOY}!
Our pretty girl!!!! 


The next day we woke up early, got ready, and headed down to say hi to daddy!
Being silly!

"HEY DADDY!!!!!!'
M teaching G how to work the elevator...
That afternoon, Molly and I got to have a little date at the pool!

Taking a coloring break...
 These next pictures make me laugh.  She's such a silly girl!!!

After swimming we headed up to get ready for our last dinner in Vegas at Joe's Stone Crabs - YUM.  Adrian had a dinner that evening, so we enjoyed the night with Nana and Poppy!
Poppy trying to find Nana..... haha :)!
After dinner picture time!!!
me and my babies :)
Check out those baby blues!
Nana and Poppy with M & G {at Caesar's Palace} in front of the fountain.
Molly really wanted to take a picture of us and I think she did a pretty good job!  We were laughing so hard at her working so hard to hold up my big camera and trying to find the right button to push.  It was a moment!
Molly enjoying the beautiful view from Nana and Poppy's room.
 Here's another comparison picture for you....  oh my.
{2012}
{2011}
Snuggling with Poppy... it doesn't get any better!
The next morning we packed up and headed home!  Here's Molly pushing the button one last time!!!!
                   {2012}                                   {2011}

What a faboulous trip!  We feel so blessed to be making these memories with our family.  Here's to many more...

No comments:

Post a Comment