Saturday, February 18, 2012

I did it.


For about the past 3 years I've said "I'm going to do JBF this year!" and then I don't follow through.  I have a strong emotional attachment to my children's clothing.  I can look at an outfit and tell you where they wore it, what the weather was like that day, who we saw, what we ate.... it's actually kind of creepy :).  I guess it's my hidden talent!!  I finally took the plunge and grabbed a tub of Molly's clothes sizes 18-24 and some 2T, 3T and started pricing away.  I printed out 120 tags, hung everything with care, and did my best to follow all of the pricing guidelines (they are super picky!!).  This morning right before I started loading the car Molly says, "momma, you did a really great job with my baby clothes."  I told her thank you and that I was feeling a little bit sad about selling them and she says, "I know momma, but it will be okay.  We can just look back at all the pictures and remember them so we really don't have to tell them goodbye."  Oh my.  Sweet girl was comforting me!!  Well, I just dropped them off and she was so right it's going to be great!  We have a little extra space in the attic, hopefully we will make a little $, and then we can go shop the new babyGap spring line, we need to make new memories right??!! ;)

2 comments:

  1. I have the same "talent". It's hard to give their clothes away. I keep waaay more than I should. Hope you make some $$!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh girl i have that talent too! scott does not even understand. i don't generally save a thing, but when it comes to my girls' clothes, i save it all. liz did have to make me save a few things i had out for garage sale once thought. i've never done jbf before...let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete