Thursday, February 16, 2012

snow day

This has been the craziest winter.  It's hot, cold, warm, chilly... you know that Oklahoma weather.  On Monday we woke up to the first snow of this winter {finally!!!}.  Molly was very excited and immediately started begging to go out and play.  I'm not much of a snow girl, I like to look at it from inside my warm and cozy house or  go snow skiing :)  Since it was a Monday daddy was off to work and unfortunately there are no ski slopes within driving distance so I caved, bundled up the kids and out we went.  I mean, how can you deny these sweet faces??


Off she goes!
a blurry, but sweet pic of my little man. :)
"come on bubs!'
I love G's face in this one.  Always the serious one checking things out.

snow angel
Jumping on the trampoline!



After this pic Grady lost his balance and got his gloves {a.k.a. socks :)} wet so we headed in for lunch and nap time.  While G was napping Molly and I had a little art fun.  I just love Pinterest ideas.  I pinned this a while back and since I had everything we needed in the pantry we gave it a go!

Puffy Paint
  
here's what you need...
1 tbsp. flour
1 tbsp. salt
a few drops of food coloring
a little bit of water
mix it up to make a paste
ready to paint!  
we used Q-tips and they worked great


Here is one of M's many creations!  We used card stock to paint on.  Once you have your masterpiece finished stick it in the microwave for 25 seconds or so and it will dry and puff up!

1 comment: