Thursday, September 1, 2011

our little beach bum turned ONE!!


A couple of weekends ago we had a little celebration for Grady's 1st birthday.  We had our family and a few of his little buddies over for the big day.  Since we had just returned from a trip to the beach, we decided to bring a little sand and sun to Oklahoma and have a beach party! 

the fam :)
sister & brother
"are they here yet??!"
a little party fun!
party decorations -- as I was planning for his party I became addicted to the website Pinterest!  I found the idea for board short garland, they were super easy and I thought they turned out pretty cute :)
surfboard cookies and & beach ball cake dots in "sand" a.k.a. brown sugar  & G's beach ball smash cake!  I have great friends, my friend Lauren made Grady's smash cake & another friend Saradee made the cookies & cake dots.  They were all SO delicious!  {Check out Saradee on Facebook, search Saradee's Sweet Treats}

Most of you know how much this guy LOVES to eat.  So I just knew that he would dig into his cake and never look back... WRONG!  He had a few bites and then was done!  The picture on the right is literally as messy as he got!  Things never go as planned, huh?!
opening a few goodies from friends!
{kisses for daddy}
A HUGE thank you to our friend Ellen B. for taking pictures of the big day!  We had a great time celebrating Grady.  I just can't believe that he is one.  This past year flew by so quickly -- it was a great year filled with many memories.  We love you "big guy" more than you can imagine and look forward to many more years celebrating you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment