Thursday, December 16, 2010

Disney - Day 2

We woke up and met in my parents room around 10 am ready to go to the Magic Kingdom! The weather was amazing and we were all pumped.

Mo & W chatting about the day!
We headed down to our resorts bus stop, with all of our gear. We were quite the site... double strollers, kiddoes, blankets, jackets, snacks, cameras, sunglasses... I could go on and on. But somehow we managed to not lose a thing (that I know of).

here we go!
the dads :)
We entered the park... fair warning, I'm going to be cheesy for a second, we saw the castle and I swear it was a magical moment! Daisy & Pluto were signing autographs. Molly saw Daisy and started squealing and jumping up and down. We were all in awe. I know that I will never forget that moment and seeing the excitement in Molly's eyes was just amazing.
(just a little windy...) I love this picture with my sweet girl
my sweet parents
After a walk down Main Street Disney, we headed over to Fantasy Land to ride some rides. We went on Snow White, the carousel, watched the 3D Mickey Philharmagic movie, and caught a parade all in about an hour! We used the Fast Pass system to cut down on our wait times and because we were there in December (which is considered low season) the longest we had to wait for rides was about 20 mins. Not bad, considering that I remember waiting up to 2 hours for rides when I came 15 years ago!

riding Snow White with Poppy - Dad was so excited, Molly was a little nervous. After the ride she told me "I don't like that witch and the mirror." She still talks about it today if you ask her about the Snow White ride.
After spending some time in Fantasy Land, it was off to have lunch in the Princess Castle with all of the princesses. First on our agenda... meeting Cinderella! We had our picture made by the Disney photographers so I don't have one of Mo before lunch on my camera.

signing Molly's autograph book
By this point we had not had anything to eat all day, and even though it was Cinderella, Molly wasn't much up for posing for mamma. Here is one of the boys, Nana & Poppy with C though!
It was then time to head up the staircase to the Royal Dining room for lunch.
The kids each got a "Wishing Star", the boys got swords, and Molly got a magic wand. While we ate the princesses came around to the tables to chat and take pictures.
Snow White
Sleeping Beauty
Ariel
Belle
Then time for dessert! The kids each got their own cupcake decorating plate. They loved it!
Grady slept through all of the excitement next to Nana, so he's not in any pics... but he was there, promise! Then it was time to leave the castle :(...
On our way out Cinderella was returning from a royal break and she took the time to take some pictures with Molly. I was so excited (so was Molly)!

That was SO fun dad!
Then it was off to Fantasy Land to ride Dumbo, Winnie the Pooh, It's a Small World... Adrian and I got to run over and ride Space Mountain.

It was truly a magical day. Amy's purse went missing at some point in the day. By the time she realized it was missing, we put it together and think it was gone for more than an hour. As we were trying to figure out what to do, I glanced over and there it was... cruising by on someone's stroller! We ran over and the lady was on her way to turn it in. We couldn't believe that we found it in a sea of hundreds of people - magic I tell you, the place is magical! What a fantastic day. Epcot tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment