This past Christmas I received a Beaba Babycook baby food maker from Daisy and Papa (THANK YOU!!!). I am excited to say that I put it to use the other night and I am in LOVE. The Babycook is great - you steam, puree, and serve/store your food all with this machine.
I took a 1/2 bag of frozen green beans and turned them into about 12 ounces of pureed goodness for our growing boy! Check out my green beans, I was SO proud! Daisy also got me these great storage containers from One Step Ahead, they even stack on top of each other for neat and tidy storage in your refrigerator or freezer.
I used to think it was crazy to make your own baby food when you could march right down to the store and grab some off of the shelf, but I've changed my mind. It was beyond easy, plus he will be eating fresh foods with no added preservatives, and it's so much cheaper than buying pre-made baby food, it's a win win! I also watched my good friend Danee' cook food for her little one and saw how great it was - thanks for introducing us to the Babycook Nae'!Molly was nearby to cheer on her "bubs" as he tried green beans for the 1st time!
Grady ready for a feast!
He was a little unsure at first... but then he ate like a champ! Yipee! He's starting to like solids a little more. We are having less screaming and more eating at meal time, phew...
I have fresh avocados, bananas, squash, pears, and sweet potatoes in the kitchen ready to whip up in my Babycook!
I love making miss Wesley's food! I have some good recipes for you if you'd like and information from Pureed With Love.
ReplyDelete