I have been building up the nerve to trim Molly's hair since this summer. Remember this post when I even got everything all ready to cut her sweet little locks and eventually backed out? Well... I finally did it a couple of weeks ago. It was getting out of control and something needed to be done! We were at my parents house while Adrian was traveling for work. My mom got all of our supplies ready and we headed out to their back porch (in our jammies) for a trim.
I kept telling Molly that we were going to have a "Spa" day, which she thought was pretty neat. I on the other hand was a nervous wreck! I knew I had to cut it, but I had a little knot in my stomach because I knew I was about to snip away the very last bit of "baby" that was left on my big girl. These were the locks of hair that she was born with and as weird as it sounds I was having a hard time!
Here we go...
She was being very brave and happy about getting a haircut, until she saw the first pieces of her hair laying on the table. Needless to say, she got upset... "no mommy! you're breaking my hair.... you're taking it ALL away!" were her exact words and it broke my heart a little. I thought to myself - "well, sweet girl these won't be the only tears you'll cry over your hair!"
She was too upset to get any after pictures outside, but once we headed in and she saw that she still had hair all was better. We got ready and headed to meet my dad for lunch at his office. Here she is with her new piggies sitting in Poppy's chair!
Here miss M outside on the patio that same day with a new haircut and freshly painted finger/toenails! I think her "Spa" day turned out pretty perfect :)
Awww! Such sweet pics. First haircuts are so traumatic but her hair looks precious and I'm so glad she still had those gorgeous curls! Seeing her at JLN was the best. Her personality is infectious! What a doll baby she is!! That Grady is the best, too!
ReplyDelete