Saturday, March 20, 2010

March Madness

March has been an extremely busy month in the Beverage house! We've been renovating rooms, spending time with family, went to see Elmo, made a trip to the aquarium, and on top of it all - I got the sickness that has been going around! So, the blog has suffered. I thought I would do a little catch-up on the fun we've been having.

We have been working hard on getting Molly moved into her "big girl" room. The room where she is going has been the storage area for all of the stuff that we didn't know what to do with! So, it's been a challenge to go through everything and get it all cleaned out for her to move in. We also had to paint the room, the people that lived here before us thought that a tree with birdhouses painted on the wall was a good idea. Not so much my style, so I was very happy to see the tree go! Here are some pictures of the room in progress... more to come once we get her moved in.

So this first picture is mid clean out of the room - I swear I'm not this messy!!!!
The Tree. ugh.
bye, bye tree!!
I will post pictures of the finished project soon!

Elmo was next on the list! The plan was to have a nice dinner in Bricktown and head over to the show. Molly had been talking about this for a long time and we were all excited. We headed out to have pizza for dinner and then headed over to the show. We got in our seats, the lights went down, and the very LARGE characters started popping out everywhere. M's excitement for Elmo soon turned to fear! "I no yike dis daddy!!!" After a few minutes and when she realized that Big Bird wasn't coming near her she calmed down and by the end of the show she was singing and clapping along with the songs. Here are the few pics from the evening!

Someone didn't want to eat, but go straight to see Elmo.
sooo excited!


watching Elmo sing & dance
Elmo & Dorothy
headed home...

We've had some great family time this month. We got to meet up for lunch with my brother and his family at our favorite place... Alfredo's! Molly has had her cousin MC over for playtime and BT another one of M's cousin celebrated his 4th birthday.

M and "my boys" at Alfredo's
one word.... trouble. :)
birthday fun!
Amy and her super cute goody bags!
M & MC playing Thomas
I guess the girls thought it would be fun to get into the box... and then they got stuck :)

Next up... the aquarium to see the "fishies!" We loaded up early in the morning so we could get there right as it opened to miss the big crowd. We had a great time looking at all the fishes, especially the sharks. Afterwards, we met Jill for lunch and then did a little shopping before heading home to watch the basketball games. It was a beautiful day 75 degrees to be exact, and the very next day... a blizzard! Only in Oklahoma.

headed in...
touching a starfish
dun-nuh....dun-nuh..dun-nuh, dun-nuh.... (that was my attempt at Jaw's music!)

me & my lil' crab
shopping with auntie "illybean"

phew... that was a LONG post! But I'm now caught up. We are all healthy for the moment (knock on wood), stay tuned....!


1 comment:

  1. So precious! I LOVE HER ELMO DRESS! Where on earth did you find that? I have a HUGE "MO" fan in my house too! Every free moment, she asks for "MO!" I think we will try to do the live show next year! :)

    ReplyDelete